the Lord! Praise God in his sancturary; praise him in his mighty firmament!
Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his surpassing
greatness! - Psalm 150:1,2
O sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous
His right hand and his holy arm have gotten him victory
Worship the Lord in holy splendor; tremble before him, all the earth.
- Psalm 98:1, 96:9
This is a quiet, said service of Holy Eucharist adapted
from The Book of Common Prayer, including a sermon but no music. A small
group gathers for coffee and conversation after worship.
This Choral Eucharist is the main celebration of Sunday,
sung Eucharist, and chanted psalm. From September to June, the choir is
in residence offering weekly anthems, and children's program and supervised
nursery are available. The
10:30am service is followed by coffee and conversation in the hall.
Our mid-week service is a said service in the chapel. Coffee
and conversation follow.
Lessons and Carols and More...
Seasonally, Christ Church is Choral Evensong. This time-honoured
liturgy is offered by our choir. We also mark Advent and Christmas with
beloved music and liturgy of the church, such as 9 Lessons and Carols
Check the calendar page for coming dates
Goes Into Planning Worship?
As a household, have you ever planned a wedding?
In a way, a large church community's worship is like planning at least
one every week!
The efforts of dozens of members come together at liturgy, which preparation
takes the coordination and ministry of many groups to make possible,
the worship space, setting the altar, caring for holy adornments and
- readying the scripture readings and scheduling readers,
- greeting and welcoming people to worship,
- preparing hospitality regularly on Sunday and for special feasts,
- readying the nursery, keeping things safe and clean
- preparing activities, lessons and teachers for children's program,
- choosing and rehearsing the hymns, psalms, anthems and organ voluntaries
and other special music,
- having print material ready and in place to encourage full participation,
- gowning and training the servers, both adults and youth,
- administering the sacraments
- writing and leading the prayers of the people,
- writing sermons, assembling liturgies and preparing what goes into
the print material to support worship,
- cutting lawns, clearing walks of snow and ice, keeping parking areas
clean and safe,
- caring for light, sound, cooling/heating systems and keeping the home
doesn't matter if it's
writing a sermon or sweeping a floor, everything done to make ready
the house and worship of God is of spiritual value in building community
when it is seen as the offering of a gift back to God in community.
Dozens of people lend a hand in this work according to their abilities
and resources. That's a way of understanding what being the body of
In other words, we don't seek to "go to church",
but when we appreciate the way people are the church when they do their
part, we all engage with a deeper appreciation for the good and prayerful
purpose that is worship... glorifying God, not ourselves, and uplifting
others that we might be as Christ to the world.
- 8th Street SW
Calgary, Alberta T2T 3A7