Congratulations and blessings on your decision to marry!
Christ Church welcomes requests for Christian marriage: membership is
not a requirement.
Contact the parish office for a more detailed flyer on arranging weddings
to Frequently Asked Questions
- arrangements for marriage are made through the Rector (priest)
of Christ Church.
- The Anglican Church normally needs 60 days notice to arrange for a wedding.
- Only one partner needs to be a baptized Christian - of any denomination.
- Re-marriage of divorced persons is possible.
- Couples seeking renewal of vows or the blessing of a civil marriage
- a commitment to a process of marriage preparation is required, but we
can help with that.
- All weddings at Christ Church are conducted by the clergy of the Parish
or their designate.
- The sanctuary/church is not rented nor booked - it is made available
for sacred service.
- The only role third parties such as "wedding planners" have
at worship or rehearsal is as a guest.
to Arranging a Wedding
- after reading the flyer, contact
the office to arrange a meeting with the clergy.
- you are most welcome to attend at worship to get a sense of the community, who prays for you and supports your marriage.
- in most cases, two meetings plus marriage preparation suffice to arrange
- the clergy will reserve the date and time of your wedding with you.
- the Director of Music will play for weddings and offers supportive advice
on music suitable to the instrument, liturgy and occasion.
- couples obtain a marriage licence and deliver it to the Church in advance
of the wedding.
Marriage preparation triples the chances of marriage success.
As finding it can be difficult and expensive, The Anglican Church in Calgary
can help you find marriage prep sessions for couples. It is an interactive
group course, not "classes". You will be provided with a “tool
kit” that covers all the topics. Personal topics are discussed in private
- Photography is permitted as the bridal party enters and when
they exit the sanctuary.
- By request, a photo session after the wedding can be arranged in the
worship space following the liturgy: the clergy can be present and reenact,
and accommodate professional photographers or guests in this manner.
- Couples are advised in advance that photography is not appropriate nor
permitted during sacred worship.
- the grounds of the church are also available by request
- permission for those desiring to take wedding pictures on the grounds
of Christ Church - but whose weddings are not conducted at the parish
- can be granted, but must be arranged in advance through the church office.
Anglican Parish of Christ Church
3602 - 8th Street SW
Calgary, Alberta T2T 3A7